Red Light Therapy is one of the fastest growing trends in the Wellness Industry
Below Are Links to Our Favorite Studies Demonstrating The Effects of Red Light and Infrared Therapy - over 100 cases providing depth and understanding as to why Light Medicine is one of the greatest discoveries in natural healing, wellness, and rejuvenation for both the mind and body.
1. History - Frieman, father of LLLT
2. History, Mechanism, Dose, Mitochondrial, Anti-inflammatory
3. History, Mechanism, Dose, Mitochondrial, Anti-inflammatory
4. Visible Light therapy vs. Near Infrared Light therapy
5. History, Mechanism, Dose, Mitochondrial, Antinflammatory
Sunlight Incidence, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Alzheimer's Disease
6. Artificial Light and Cancer - Mal Illumination
7. Artificial Light and Obesity
8. Light at night clock and metabolism
9. History, Mechanism, Dose, Mitochondrial, Antinflammatory
10. Diabetic Neuropathy
Wound Healing, dairy cattle, cat tongue
15. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/312142584_The_photobiomodulation_effect_of_higher-fluence_808- nm_laser_therapy_with_a_flattop_handpiece_on_the_wound_healing_of_the_earthworm_Dendrobaena_veneta_a_brief_report
16. Wound healing LED shows significant speed of recovery with 633nm.
18. Dermal Abrasions
Transcranial effect of LED
Headache Light therapy modulates serotonin levels and blood flow in women with headache. A preliminary study.
Effectiveness of low-level laser therapy on pain intensity, pressure pain threshold, and SF-MPQ indexes of women with myofascial pain. :10.11607/ofph.2032. Epub 2018 Apr 25.
Efficacy of Low-Level Laser Therapy in the Treatment of Temporomandibular Myofascial Pain: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Comparison of Red and Infrared Low-level Laser Therapy in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris.
Sunlight Incidence, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Alzheimer's Disease.
Depression Long term study
Psychological benefits 2 and 4 weeks after a single treatment with near infrared light to the forehead: a pilot study of 10 patients with major depression and anxiety:
Transcranial Laser Stimulation as Neuroenhancement for Attention Bias Modification in Adults with Elevated Depression Symptoms.
Low-Level Laser Irradiation Improves Depression-Like Behaviors in Mice.
Saltmarche AE, Naeser MA, Ho KF, Hamblin MR, Lim L. Significant Improvement in Cognition in Mild to Moderately Severe Dementia Cases Treated with Transcranial Plus Intranasal Photobiomodulation: Case Series Report. Photomed Laser Surg. 2017;35(8):432-441
45. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28186867 dementia, memory, mood
General Brain Health & Cognitive Performance.
Transcranial infrared laser stimulation produces beneficial cognitive and emotional effects in humans.
Shining light on the head: Photobiomodulation for brain disorders
Significant Improvement in Cognition in Mild to Moderately Severe Dementia Cases Treated with Transcranial Plus Intranasal Photobiomodulation
Review of transcranial photobiomodulation for major depressive disorder: targeting brain metabolism, inflammation, oxidative stress, and neurogenesis
Emotional responses and memory performance of middle-aged CD1 mice in a 3D maze: Effects of low infrared light
Improving executive function using transcranial infrared laser stimulation.
Cognitive enhancement by transcranial laser stimulation and acute aerobic exercise.
Neurological and psychological applications of transcranial lasers and LEDs.
Low-Level Laser Therapy Ameliorates Disease Progression in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer’s Disease
Photobiomodulation with near infrared light mitigates Alzheimer's disease-related pathology in cerebral cortex - evidence from two transgenic mouse models.
Low-level laser therapy rescues dendrite atrophy via upregulating BDNF expression: implications for Alzheimer's disease.
Is bipolar disorder an inflammatory condition? The relevance of microglial activation.
mice subjected to acute arthritis condition.
Effect of low-level laser therapy on the expression of inflammatory mediators and on neutrophils and macrophages in acute joint inflammation.
Bell's Palsy -
62. The effects of low level laser therapy (LLLT) on the testis in elevating serum testosterone level in rats http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/96971683/effects-low-level-lasertherapy-red%20and%20near-infrared%20light-testis-elevating-serum-testosterone-level-rats
Regulation of Skin Collagen Metabolism In VitroUsing a Pulsed 660 nm LED Light Source: Clinical Correlation with a Single- Blinded Study
Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring
Low Level Laser Therapy: A Panacea for oral maladies
NUTS AND BOLTS OF LLLT - Survey of Basically Everything treated by LLLT
MECHANISM OF ACTION OF LLLT - dose, etc. Biphasic Dose Response in Low Level Light
The role of nitric oxide in low level light therapy
68. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237089612_The_role_of_nitric_oxide_in_low_level_light_therapy How Mitochondria absorb visible light
REVERSAL OF AGING USING RED LIGHT AND NEAR-INFRARED LIGHT THERAPY
A controlled trial to determine the efficacy of red and near-infrared light treatment in patient satisfaction, reduction of fine lines, wrinkles, skin roughness, and intradermal collagen density increase.
Effects of radiofrequency, electroacupuncture, and low-level laser therapy on the wrinkles and moisture content of the forehead, eyes, and cheeks Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring.
ELIMINATION OF FAT
74. Low-Level Laser Therapy for Fat Layer Reduction: A Comprehensive Review
“Overweight and obesity.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2007). Available:
Sene-fiorense M, Duarte FO, De aquino junior, et al. The potential of phototherapy to reduce body fat, insulin resistance and “metabolic inflexibility” related to obesity in women undergoing weight loss treatment. Lasers Sung Med. 2015;47(7):634-42
Ger Med Sci. 2006 Jul 11:4; Doc05. Influence of water-filtered infrared-A (wiRA) on reduction of local fat and body weight by physical exercise. Mockel F, Hoffman G, Obermuller R, Drobnik W,Schmitz G.
Mcrae E, Boris J. Independent evaluation of low-level laser therapy 635nm for non-invasive body contouring of the waist, hips and thighs. Lasers Surg Med. 2013;45(1):1-7.
79. 635nm - 660nm for Fat Loss
80. Low-Level Laser Therapy for Fat Layer Reduction: A Comprehensive Review
Health After Cancer
81. Warburg O. Uber den Stoffweschsel der Hefe. Pp253-254
82. Bianconi E., Piovesan A, Facchin F, et al. An estimation of the number of cells in the human body. Ann Hun Biol 2013:40(6):463-71
84. Li, Y., Park, JS., Deng, JH. Et al. Cytochrome c oxidase subunit IV is useful for assembly and respiratory function of the enzyme complex. J Bioenerg, Biomember (2006)38;283
85. Brown GC, Borutalite V. Nitric Oxide, cytochrome c, and mitochondria. Biochem Soc. Symp. 1999:66;17-25
LIGHT MEDICINE AND ANIMALS
Therapeutic photobiomodulation: nitric oxide and a novel function of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase.
Inflammation in general:
Mechanisms and applications of the anti-inflammatory effects of photobiomodulation
Veterinary Medicine and Photobiomodulation
An investigation into the depth of penetration of low level laser therapy through the equine tendon in vivo
EYE HEALTH AND WOUND HEALING
Photobiomodulation for the treatment of retinal diseases: a review
Photobiomodulation reduces drusen volume and improves visual acuity and contrast sensitivity in dry age‐related macular degeneration
Mitochondrial signal transduction in accelerated wound and retinal healing by near-infrared light therapy.
Effect of equal daily doses achieved by different power densities of low-level laser therapy at 635 nm on open skin wound healing in normal and diabetic rats.
Improved Sleep & PTSD
Thyroid Tissue Generation
Muscle Performance and Recovery Effect of low-level laser therapy on muscle adaptation to knee extensor eccentric training
107. Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) on muscle tissue: performance, fatigue and repair benefited by the power of light.
108. Cleber Ferraresi et al. 2012
Does Phototherapy Enhance Skeletal Muscle Contractile Function and Postexercise Recovery? A Systematic Review. Paul A Borsa et al. 2013
109. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3554033/ Verifies the benefit of LLLT in all phases of muscle recovery: 107
Photobiomodulation therapy for the improvement of muscular performance and reduction of muscular fatigue associated with exercise in healthy people: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Photobiomodulation Therapy Improves Performance and Accelerates Recovery of High-Level Rugby Players in Field Test: A Randomized, Crossover, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Study. Pinto HD et al. 2016
Light-emitting diode therapy in exercise-trained mice increases muscle performance, cytochrome c oxidase activity, ATP and cell proliferation. Ferraresi C et al. 2016
Effects of Light-Emitting Diode Therapy on Muscle Hypertrophy, Gene Expression, Performance, Damage, and Delayed- Onset Muscle Soreness: Case-control Study with a Pair of Identical Twins. Ferraresi C et al. 2016